A Taste of Home: Perfecting Chicken Noodle Soup
I’m going to show you a recipe for chicken noodle soup that you can make at home!
About Chicken Noodle Soup
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Chicken noodle soup is a nutritious dish that provides protein from the chicken and carbohydrates from the noodles.
- It is often made with a broth that can be low in calories and fat, depending on the recipe.
- The soup also contains vegetables, such as carrots and celery, which contribute to its nutritional value.
- Chicken noodle soup is a comforting and satisfying meal option, especially during colder months or when feeling under the weather.
- It can be enjoyed as a standalone meal or served as an appetizer or side dish.
- The main ingredients in chicken noodle soup include chicken (typically chicken breasts or thighs), noodles (such as egg noodles or rice noodles), vegetables (such as carrots, celery, and onions), and broth (usually chicken broth).
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Chicken noodle soup is a popular dish in many cultures around the world, often associated with comfort and healing properties.
- It has a long history and is considered a classic comfort food in Western cuisine.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- Homemade chicken noodle soup can be made by simmering chicken, vegetables, and noodles in a pot with broth.
- It is recommended to use fresh and high-quality ingredients for the best flavor.
- Basic kitchen equipment such as a pot, knife, and cutting board are typically used to prepare the soup.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Chicken noodle soup pairs well with a variety of bread, such as crusty bread or dinner rolls, for a complete meal.
- It can also be served with a side salad or enjoyed with crackers.
- As for beverages, it is commonly enjoyed with water, herbal tea, or a light-bodied white wine.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe and Tips
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups egg noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- In a large pot, heat some oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion, carrots, and celery. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, dried thyme, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for another minute.
- Add the chicken breasts and chicken broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the pot and shred them using two forks.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot and add the egg noodles. Cook for another 8-10 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Remove the bay leaf from the soup.
- Serve the chicken noodle soup hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
- For extra flavor, you can sauté the vegetables in butter instead of oil.
- You can add additional vegetables like peas or corn to the soup for more variety.
- If you prefer a thicker soup, you can make a slurry by combining equal parts flour and water, then slowly adding it to the soup while stirring until desired thickness is reached.
- Feel free to customize the soup by adding herbs like rosemary or thyme, or spices like paprika or turmeric.
- Leftover cooked chicken can be used instead of raw chicken breasts for a quicker preparation.
Enjoy your delicious Chicken Noodle Soup!
Calories of Chicken Noodle Soup
The calorie content of chicken noodle soup can vary depending on the specific ingredients and portions used. On average, a serving of chicken noodle soup (approximately 1 cup or 240 grams) can contain around 100-150 calories. However, it’s important to note that this is an estimate and can vary based on the recipe and any additional ingredients or variations you may have.
To get a more accurate calorie count, it’s recommended to refer to the specific recipe you’re using and calculate the calories based on the ingredients and quantities used. You can use online nutritional databases or apps to input the ingredients and get a more precise calculation.
- Chicken noodle soup is a comforting and satisfying dish.
- The aroma of the soup is warm and inviting.
- The combination of tender chicken, flavorful broth, and soft noodles creates a hearty and wholesome meal.
- It’s a classic dish that brings back nostalgic memories of homemade comfort food.
- The soup is versatile and can be customized with additional vegetables or herbs to suit personal preferences.
- The broth of chicken noodle soup is rich and savory.
- The chicken adds a delicious meaty flavor to the soup.
- The noodles are tender and soak up the flavors of the broth.
- The combination of spices and seasonings enhances the overall taste of the soup.
- It’s a well-balanced dish with a comforting and satisfying flavor profile.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
The recipe for Chicken noodle soup, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!