Fresh Vegetable Medley: Cheese Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
I’m going to show you a cheese vegetable lasagna recipe that you can make!
About Cheese Vegetable Lasagna
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Cheese and vegetable lasagna can be a nutritious dish when made with wholesome ingredients. It provides a good amount of carbohydrates, protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- The nutritional content can vary depending on the specific ingredients used, such as the type of cheese and vegetables, as well as the portion size.
- Cheese and vegetable lasagna is a satisfying and flavorful meal that can be enjoyed as a main course. It is a great option for vegetarians or those looking to incorporate more vegetables into their diet.
- Pair it with a side salad or garlic bread to complete the meal.
- The main ingredients for cheese and vegetable lasagna typically include lasagna noodles, cheese (such as mozzarella, ricotta, and Parmesan), assorted vegetables (such as spinach, zucchini, and bell peppers), tomato sauce, and herbs and spices for flavor.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Lasagna is an Italian dish that has a long history dating back to ancient times. It has become popular worldwide and has various regional variations.
- Cheese and vegetable lasagna is a modern twist on traditional lasagna, incorporating a variety of vegetables to add freshness and nutritional value.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- When making cheese and vegetable lasagna at home, it is important to cook the vegetables beforehand to ensure they are tender and flavorful.
- Layer the lasagna noodles, cheese, vegetables, and sauce evenly to create a well-balanced dish.
- A baking dish and aluminum foil are commonly used to assemble and bake the lasagna.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Cheese and vegetable lasagna pairs well with a variety of side dishes, such as a green salad, roasted vegetables, or garlic bread.
- As for beverages, it can be enjoyed with a glass of red wine, such as Chianti or Merlot, or a refreshing iced tea.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Cheese Vegetable Lasagna Recipe and Tips
- Lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups assorted vegetables (spinach, zucchini, bell peppers, etc.), chopped
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, half of the mozzarella cheese, and half of the Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- In a separate pan, sauté the chopped vegetables until tender.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a baking dish, spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom.
- Place a layer of cooked lasagna noodles on top of the sauce.
- Spread a layer of the cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Add a layer of sautéed vegetables.
- Sprinkle some dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper over the vegetables.
- Repeat the layering process with the remaining ingredients, finishing with a layer of tomato sauce on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before serving.
- You can customize the vegetables according to your preference. Try adding mushrooms, carrots, or eggplant for added flavor and texture.
- If you prefer a meaty lasagna, you can include cooked ground beef or sausage in one of the layers.
- Be sure to fully cook the lasagna noodles before layering them to ensure they become tender during baking.
- Allow the lasagna to rest for a few minutes before cutting into it to help it hold its shape better.
- Large pot for cooking the lasagna noodles
- Mixing bowl for combining the cheese mixture
- Saute pan for cooking the vegetables
- Baking dish for assembling and baking the lasagna
- Aluminum foil for covering the lasagna while baking
Enjoy your delicious Cheese Vegetable Lasagna!
Calories of Cheese Vegetable Lasagna
The calorie content of cheese and vegetable lasagna can vary depending on the specific ingredients and portion size. On average, a serving of cheese and vegetable lasagna (approximately 1/8th of the recipe) contains around 350-400 calories. However, please note that this is an estimate and may vary based on the specific ingredients and preparation method used.
- Cheese and vegetable lasagna is a hearty and flavorful dish that is loved by many.
- It is a satisfying and comforting meal that is perfect for family dinners or gatherings.
- The combination of creamy cheese, savory vegetables, and rich tomato sauce creates a delicious and well-balanced flavor profile.
- The layers of pasta, cheese, and vegetables make for a visually appealing dish.
- The taste of cheese and vegetable lasagna is rich, creamy, and packed with flavors.
- The melted cheese adds a comforting and indulgent element to the dish.
- The combination of vegetables, such as spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, and bell peppers, provides a variety of textures and flavors.
- The tomato sauce adds a tangy and slightly sweet taste that complements the other ingredients.
- The seasonings and herbs used, such as garlic, oregano, and basil, enhance the overall taste and aroma of the lasagna.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Recipe for cheese and vegetable lasagna, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!