Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe: A Hearty and Comforting Delight
I’m going to give you cheese stuffed mushrooms recipe that you can make at home!
About Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Mushroom and cheese dishes can be a nutritious choice as they offer a combination of vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial compounds.
- Mushrooms are low in calories and fat, while being a good source of fiber, antioxidants, and certain B vitamins.
- Cheese provides protein, calcium, and vitamin D, but it is also high in saturated fat, so it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
- Mushroom and cheese dishes are versatile and can be enjoyed as appetizers, side dishes, or main courses.
- They can be incorporated into various meals such as pasta dishes, omelettes, sandwiches, or pizza toppings.
- They are particularly popular in vegetarian or plant-based diets as they offer a flavorful and satisfying alternative to meat.
- Common ingredients for mushroom and cheese dishes include mushrooms (such as button, cremini, or portobello), various types of cheese (such as mozzarella, cheddar, or feta), herbs, spices, and sometimes additional vegetables or proteins.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- The combination of mushrooms and cheese has been enjoyed in various cuisines around the world for centuries.
- Mushrooms have a long history of culinary use, and cheese has been a staple in many cultures, making the pairing a natural and delicious choice.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- When preparing mushroom and cheese dishes at home, it is important to properly clean and cook the mushrooms to enhance their flavor and texture.
- Choose fresh and firm mushrooms, and avoid washing them excessively to prevent them from becoming waterlogged.
- Equipment commonly used includes a skillet or frying pan for sautéing the mushrooms, and baking dishes or pans for dishes that require baking.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Mushroom and cheese dishes can be paired with a variety of foods and beverages.
- They go well with crusty bread or toasted baguette slices as a side or base.
- As for beverages, they can be enjoyed with a glass of red wine, such as Pinot Noir or Merlot, or a light and refreshing white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe and Tips
- Fresh mushrooms (button, cremini, or portobello), sliced
- Cheese of your choice (mozzarella, cheddar, or feta), grated or sliced
- Garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Fresh herbs (such as thyme or parsley), chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until they release their moisture and turn golden brown.
- Season with salt, pepper, and fresh herbs.
- Preheat the oven to a broil setting.
- Transfer the sautéed mushrooms to a baking dish or individual ramekins.
- Top the mushrooms with grated or sliced cheese.
- Place the dish under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with additional fresh herbs if desired.
- Serve the cheese mushrooms as a side dish, appetizer, or as a topping for bread or pasta.
- Use a combination of different mushrooms for added flavor and texture.
- Experiment with different types of cheese to suit your taste preferences.
- Add other ingredients like caramelized onions, roasted garlic, or cooked bacon for extra flavor.
- Garnish with fresh herbs or a drizzle of balsamic glaze for an elevated presentation.
Enjoy your delicious Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms!
Calories of Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
The calorie content of mushrooms with cheese can vary depending on the specific types and amounts of cheese used. However, I can provide you with a general estimation of the calorie range for this dish.
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms: Approximately 15 calories
- 1 ounce of mozzarella cheese: Approximately 85 calories
- 1 ounce of cheddar cheese: Approximately 110 calories
- 1 ounce of feta cheese: Approximately 75 calories
Please note that these calorie values are approximate and can vary based on the specific brands and variations of cheese used. Additionally, the calorie content can be influenced by the cooking method and additional ingredients used in the recipe. It’s always a good idea to check the packaging or consult a reliable source for the exact calorie information based on your specific ingredients and measurements.
- Mushrooms with cheese is a delightful combination that brings together the earthy flavors of mushrooms and the rich, creamy taste of cheese.
- This dish showcases the versatility of mushrooms and how they can be enhanced by the addition of cheese.
- The combination of mushrooms and cheese creates a savory and satisfying dish that is loved by many.
- The pairing of mushrooms and cheese creates a delicious umami flavor that is both savory and indulgent.
- The earthy and meaty texture of mushrooms complements the creamy and melty texture of the cheese.
- The cheese adds depth and richness to the dish, enhancing the overall taste of the mushrooms.
- The flavors of mushrooms and cheese blend harmoniously, creating a comforting and satisfying dish.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
mushroom recipe with cheese, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!