Cheese and Tomato Bruschetta
Hello! As always, I’m going to share you a delicious recipe.
Cheese and Tomato BruschettaCheese and tomato bruschetta is a popular Italian appetizer that consists of grilled or toasted bread slices topped with a mixture of cheese, tomatoes, and various seasonings. It is a delicious and refreshing dish that showcases the vibrant flavors of ripe tomatoes and the creaminess of cheese. Bruschetta is often served as an antipasto or as a light snack.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
- Baguette or Italian bread
- Ripe tomatoes, diced
- Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced or diced
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Slice the baguette or Italian bread into diagonal slices, about ½ inch thick.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toast the bread in the oven until golden and crispy, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, minced garlic, chopped basil leaves, a drizzle of olive oil, and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Once the bread slices are toasted, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Place a slice or some diced mozzarella cheese on each bread slice.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the cheese, allowing the flavors to blend together.
- Optional: You can drizzle some additional olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the bruschetta for added flavor.
- Serve the cheese and tomato bruschetta immediately as an appetizer or snack.
Cheese and tomato bruschetta is a versatile dish, and you can also customize it by adding other ingredients such as fresh herbs, garlic, onions, or even a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese. It’s a great way to enjoy the flavors of summer and is often enjoyed alongside a glass of wine or as part of a larger Italian meal.
What are the calories of cheese and tomato brusketa?
The calorie content of cheese and tomato bruschetta can vary depending on the specific ingredients and portions used. However, here’s a general estimate of the calorie range for cheese and tomato bruschetta:
- Baguette or Italian bread (1 slice, about 1 ounce): Approximately 80-100 calories
- Fresh mozzarella cheese (1 ounce): Approximately 70-80 calories
- Ripe tomatoes (1 medium-sized tomato): Approximately 20-30 calories
- Olive oil (1 teaspoon): Approximately 40-45 calories
Keep in mind that these values are approximate and can vary based on the size and type of ingredients used, as well as any additional toppings or seasonings added. It’s always a good idea to check the specific nutritional information of the ingredients you use to get a more accurate estimation of the calories in your cheese and tomato bruschetta.
- Peanut tiramisu recipe
- Peanut pasta recipe
- Peanut Sauce Chicken Recipe
- Peanut cake recipe
- Peanut sticky rice cake recipe
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!