Black bean brownie recipe
Hello! Today, I’m going to show you brownie recipe that you can make at home!
About the black bean brownie
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Black bean brownies are a healthier alternative to traditional brownies, as they are made with black beans instead of flour, reducing the overall carbohydrate content.
- They are rich in fiber and protein from the black beans, which can aid in digestion and help keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- Black beans also provide essential nutrients like iron, magnesium, and folate, contributing to overall health and well-being.
- Black bean brownies can be enjoyed as a guilt-free dessert or snack option.
- They are suitable for individuals following gluten-free or vegetarian diets.
- Pair them with a glass of almond milk or a cup of herbal tea for a delightful treat.
- The main ingredients for black bean brownies include black beans, cocoa powder, sweetener (such as honey or maple syrup), eggs (or flax eggs for a vegan option), and optional add-ins like chocolate chips or nuts.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Black bean brownies are a modern twist on the classic dessert, showcasing the creativity of incorporating healthier ingredients into traditional recipes.
- While the exact origin of black bean brownies is unclear, they have gained popularity in recent years as a nutritious and delicious alternative.
Homemade Tips and Equipment Introduction:
- When making black bean brownies, ensure that the black beans are thoroughly rinsed and drained to remove any excess liquid and minimize the bean flavor.
- Use a blender or food processor to puree the black beans until smooth, ensuring a consistent texture in the brownie batter.
- Baking equipment needed includes a mixing bowl, baking pan, and an oven for baking the brownies to perfection.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Black bean brownies can be enjoyed on their own as a tasty dessert.
- They pair well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for added indulgence.
- They also go well with a cup of coffee or a glass of cold milk for a delightful combination.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Black Bean Brownie Recipe and Tips
- 1 can black beans (15 ounces), rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a baking pan.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the black beans, melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, and honey/maple syrup. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Add the eggs to the blender and blend again until the mixture is creamy.
- If desired, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the brownies are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Make sure to rinse and drain the black beans thoroughly to remove any excess liquid and prevent a beany taste.
- For a fudgier texture, slightly underbake the brownies and let them cool completely before cutting.
- You can add chopped nuts, dried fruit, or shredded coconut to the batter for added texture and flavor.
- Store the black bean brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
- Serve the brownies as a healthier alternative to traditional brownies, and enjoy the rich chocolate flavor with the added benefits of black beans.
Enjoy your delicious Black bean brownie!
Calories of Black bean brownie
The calorie content of black bean brownies can vary depending on the specific recipe and portion size. On average, a single black bean brownie (approximately 2-inch square) may contain around 150-200 calories. However, it’s important to note that this can vary based on the ingredients and proportions used in the recipe. If you’re following a specific diet or tracking your calorie intake, it’s best to refer to the specific recipe you’re using or consult a nutrition database for more accurate information.
The black bean brownies leave a lasting impression with their moist texture and rich chocolate flavor. They are surprisingly delicious and satisfying, especially considering they’re made with black beans as a healthier alternative.
The taste of the black bean brownies is surprisingly decadent and chocolatey. They have a fudgy texture with a hint of sweetness, and you wouldn’t even guess that they’re made with black beans. These brownies are a delightful treat for chocolate lovers and a great option for those looking for a healthier dessert alternative.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
The recipe for Black bean brownie, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!