Homemade Temptation: A Slice of chocolate cake Heaven
Hello! Today, I’m going to show you a recipe for chocolate cake that you can make!
About chocolate cake
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Chocolate cake is a rich and indulgent dessert that is typically high in calories, sugar, and fat.
- It provides energy from carbohydrates but may lack significant amounts of essential nutrients.
- Moderation is key when consuming chocolate cake as part of a balanced diet.
- Chocolate cake is best enjoyed as a dessert or a special treat rather than a regular meal option.
- It can be served at celebrations, birthdays, or as a sweet ending to a meal.
- The main ingredients for chocolate cake typically include flour, sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, butter or oil, and milk.
- Additional ingredients such as baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt are used to enhance the flavor and texture.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Chocolate cake has a long history and is enjoyed in various cultures around the world.
- The invention of chocolate cake can be traced back to the 18th century when chocolate became more widely available.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- Homemade chocolate cake allows you to control the quality of ingredients and adjust the sweetness and flavor to your liking.
- Basic equipment needed for making chocolate cake includes mixing bowls, a whisk or electric mixer, measuring tools, and baking pans.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Chocolate cake pairs well with a variety of beverages such as coffee, tea, milk, or even a glass of red wine.
- The rich and decadent flavor of chocolate cake complements the bitterness of coffee or the smoothness of milk.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
chocolate cake recipes and tips
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the boiling water. The batter will be thin, but that’s normal.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sift the cocoa powder before adding it to the dry ingredients to prevent lumps.
- Use room temperature eggs and milk for better mixing.
- You can add 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee instead of boiling water to enhance the chocolate flavor.
- Feel free to add chocolate ganache, buttercream frosting, or other toppings of your choice to decorate the cake.
- For a moist cake, wrap the cooled layers in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight before frosting.
Enjoy your delicious chocolate cake!
Calories of Chocolate Cake
On average, a slice of chocolate cake (around 1/12th of a 9-inch round cake) contains approximately 250-400 calories. The calorie content can increase if the cake is frosted or filled with additional ingredients like buttercream, ganache, or other toppings.
It’s important to keep in mind that chocolate cake is generally considered a treat or dessert and should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
- Indulgent and rich dessert.
- Tempting and visually appealing with its decadent chocolate layers.
- Often associated with celebration and special occasions.
- A classic and beloved treat that brings joy to many.
- Rich, velvety chocolate flavor.
- Moist and tender texture.
- Sweetness balanced with a hint of bitterness from the chocolate.
- Can be enhanced with additional flavors like vanilla, coffee, or fruit.
- Creamy and smooth frosting adds an extra layer of sweetness.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
The recipe for Chocolate Cake, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!