Beef and Egg Casserole
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
Health and Nutritional Information: Beef and Egg Casserole
is a hearty dish that combines protein-rich beef and eggs with other wholesome ingredients. The beef provides a significant source of high-quality protein, while eggs contribute essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin B12 and selenium. The casserole may also contain vegetables, adding fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants to the dish.
This casserole is an excellent choice for a filling breakfast or brunch. Its protein content can help keep you satisfied and energized throughout the day.
- Ground beef
- Vegetables (such as bell peppers, onions, spinach)
- Seasonings (like salt, pepper, herbs)
- Cheese (optional topping)
- Cooking oil
History and Cultural Background:
Beef and Egg Casserole is a comfort food enjoyed in various cultures around the world. Casseroles have been a part of culinary traditions for generations, often using locally available ingredients to create satisfying and nourishing dishes.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
For a healthier version, consider using lean ground beef and adding an assortment of colorful vegetables for added nutrition. You can use an oven-safe baking dish or a casserole pan for baking. Prepping the ingredients in advance and storing them in the refrigerator can make assembly quick and convenient.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
Pair this hearty casserole with a side of fresh fruit salad or a simple green salad to add a refreshing element to the meal. A glass of freshly squeezed juice or a cup of herbal tea can complement the flavors and provide a well-rounded dining experience.
Customize the seasonings and ingredients to suit your taste preferences, and enjoy the comforting flavors of the Beef and Egg Casserole in the company of your favorite beverages.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along! 🙂
Recipe and Tips
Recipe: Beef and Egg Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6-8 eggs
- Assorted vegetables (bell peppers, onions, spinach, etc.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Herbs and seasonings (such as thyme, oregano, or garlic powder)
- Cooking oil (olive oil, for example)
- Cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or your preference), optional topping
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to the temperature specified in the recipe.
- Cook the Beef:
- In a skillet, heat a small amount of cooking oil over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned and fully cooked. Drain excess fat if necessary.
- Prepare the Vegetables:
- Dice or chop the vegetables of your choice into bite-sized pieces.
- Sauté them in the skillet with a little oil until they are tender.
- Season the Mixture:
- Combine the cooked beef, sautéed vegetables, and seasonings in a bowl. Mix well to distribute the flavors.
- Assemble the Casserole:
- Grease an oven-safe baking dish.
- Spread the beef and vegetable mixture evenly in the baking dish.
- Crack the Eggs:
- Create small wells in the mixture and crack the eggs directly into the wells.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still slightly runny, or to your preferred level of doneness.
- Optional Cheese Topping:
- If desired, sprinkle shredded cheese over the casserole during the last few minutes of baking. Allow it to melt and slightly brown.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving.
- Customize the vegetables based on your preferences and what’s in season.
- Consider using a variety of herbs and spices to enhance the flavor profile of the casserole.
- You can make individual servings by using ramekins or muffin tins instead of a large baking dish.
Enjoy your flavorful and hearty Beef and Egg Casserole with your favorite side dishes and beverages!
How many calories?
The calorie content of Beef and Egg Casserole can vary based on the specific ingredients and portion sizes used. To provide a general estimate, I can break down the potential calorie contributions of the main components:
- Ground beef (1 pound): Approximately 800-1000 calories (depending on the fat content)
- Eggs (6-8 eggs): Approximately 420-560 calories (70-80 calories per large egg)
- Assorted vegetables: The calorie content of vegetables varies widely, but for the purpose of estimation, let’s assume around 100-150 calories.
- Cooking oil, seasonings, and optional cheese: These can contribute additional calories, but their quantities are usually smaller, so let’s estimate around 50-100 calories.
Putting these estimates together, the total calorie count for the entire Beef and Egg Casserole could be in the range of approximately 1370-1810 calories, depending on the specific ingredients used and portion sizes.
Please note that these are rough estimates and the actual calorie count can vary. To get a more accurate measurement, it’s recommended to use a nutritional calculator or app that allows you to input the exact quantities of each ingredient used.
The Beef and Egg Casserole presents itself with a rustic and inviting charm. Its golden-brown exterior, textured with hints of melted cheese, creates a sense of warmth and comfort. The arrangement of ingredients within the casserole dish gives a sense of wholesome abundance, promising a satisfying and hearty meal.
Indulging in the Beef and Egg Casserole brings forth a rich and savory experience. The succulent bites of ground beef, combined with the tender vegetables, create a harmonious blend of flavors. The eggs, cooked to perfection, offer a velvety contrast that binds the elements together. The seasonings and herbs, subtly infused throughout, enhance the overall profile with depth and complexity. If cheese is added, its creamy indulgence contributes a delightful layer of creaminess and a slight tang. Each spoonful delivers a comforting and fulfilling combination, evoking feelings of nostalgia and the joy of home-cooked meals. The casserole’s fusion of textures and tastes makes it a delightful option for both casual gatherings and satisfying family meals.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Beef and Egg Casserole, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥