Basil Infused Olive Oil Recipe
Hello! Good day! 🙂♡
Today, I’m going to tell you a special recipe that you can make and eat at home!
About Basil Infused Olive Oil
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Basil Infused Olive Oil is a flavorful and healthy ingredient that offers various health benefits.
- Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats, which can help lower bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Basil adds antioxidants and potential anti-inflammatory properties to the infused oil.
- However, it’s important to consume infused oils in moderation due to their calorie content.
- Extra virgin olive oil: Choose a high-quality extra virgin olive oil for the best flavor and health benefits.
- Fresh basil leaves: Select fresh basil leaves with a vibrant green color and strong aroma.
- Basil Infused Olive Oil can be used as a versatile ingredient in a wide range of dishes.
- It adds a delightful basil flavor to salads, pasta, roasted vegetables, grilled meats, and more.
- Drizzle it over bruschetta or use it as a dipping oil for bread to enhance the flavors.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Olive oil has been a staple ingredient in Mediterranean cuisine for centuries.
- The infusion of basil into olive oil adds a touch of freshness and herbal essence to traditional dishes.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- To make Basil Infused Olive Oil at home, gently crush the fresh basil leaves to release their flavor.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil over low heat and add the basil leaves.
- Let the mixture steep for about 30 minutes to infuse the flavors.
- Strain the oil to remove the basil leaves and store it in a sealed container.
- Use a clean and dry bottle or jar for storage to maintain the quality of the infused oil.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Basil Infused Olive Oil pairs well with a variety of foods.
- It adds a fresh and aromatic element to salads, pasta dishes, pizzas, and grilled vegetables.
- It can also be used as a finishing oil for soups or drizzled over grilled seafood or chicken.
- Enjoy it with a glass of light-bodied white wine or sparkling water with a twist of lemo
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Basil Infused Olive Oil Recipe and Tips
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Gently wash the basil leaves and pat them dry.
- Place the basil leaves in a clean glass jar or bottle.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over low heat until warm, but not boiling.
- Pour the warm olive oil over the basil leaves in the jar.
- Use a spoon or a clean utensil to gently press down the basil leaves to ensure they are submerged in the oil.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Seal the jar or bottle tightly and store it in a cool, dark place for at least 24 hours to infuse the flavors.
- After 24 hours, strain the oil to remove the basil leaves and transfer the infused oil to a clean, airtight container.
- Label the container with the date and store it in a cool, dark place.
- Use high-quality extra virgin olive oil for the best flavor and health benefits.
- Select fresh basil leaves with a vibrant green color and strong aroma.
- Avoid using wilted or discolored basil leaves, as they may affect the taste of the infused oil.
- Be sure to clean and thoroughly dry the basil leaves before using them.
- The longer you let the basil infuse in the oil, the stronger the flavor will be. You can taste the oil after 24 hours and decide if you want to let it infuse for longer.
- Store the infused oil in a cool, dark place to preserve its quality and flavor.
- Use the basil infused olive oil within a few weeks for the best taste.
Enjoy your Basil Infused Olive Oil !
Calories of Basil Infused Olive Oil
The calorie content of Basil Infused Olive Oil can vary depending on the specific ingredients and the amount of oil used. However, I can provide you with a rough estimate based on a standard recipe.
On average, a tablespoon of Basil Infused Olive Oil contains approximately 120-130 calories. This estimate is based on the calorie content of extra virgin olive oil, which is about 120 calories per tablespoon.
- Basil Infused Olive Oil leaves a fragrant and herbaceous impression with its infusion of fresh basil into the smooth and golden olive oil.
- The vibrant green color of the basil leaves suspended in the oil creates an attractive visual appeal.
- It imparts a sense of freshness and Mediterranean influence, evoking images of sunny herb gardens and traditional culinary practices.
- Basil Infused Olive Oil offers a delightful flavor that combines the fruity richness of olive oil with the aromatic essence of basil.
- The oil carries the distinctive taste of extra virgin olive oil, characterized by its smoothness and mild peppery notes.
- The infusion of basil adds a subtle herbal undertone, providing a harmonious blend of flavors.
- It complements a variety of dishes, infusing them with a hint of basil and enhancing their overall taste profile.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
Basil Infused Olive Oil Recipe Enjoy your meal and have a happy day! ♥