a simple tomato soup recipe
Hello! Today, I’m going to tell you a recipe for tomato soup that you can make at home!
About tomato soup
Health and Nutritional Information:
- Tomato soup is generally considered a healthy choice as it is low in calories and fat.
- It is a good source of vitamins A and C, as well as antioxidants.
- Tomato soup can provide hydration and contribute to your daily vegetable intake.
- Tomato soup is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a light meal or served as an appetizer.
- It pairs well with a variety of accompaniments such as grilled cheese sandwiches or crusty bread.
- The main ingredient in tomato soup is, of course, tomatoes. Other common ingredients include onions, garlic, vegetable broth, and herbs such as basil or oregano.
Historical and Cultural Background:
- Tomato soup has a long history, with variations of tomato-based soups being consumed in different cultures around the world.
- It gained popularity in the United States in the late 19th century and has since become a classic comfort food.
Homemade Tips and Equipment:
- Homemade tomato soup can be made by sautéing onions and garlic, adding tomatoes and broth, and simmering until the flavors meld together.
- Blenders or immersion blenders can be used to achieve a smooth and creamy texture.
Matching with Food and Beverages:
- Tomato soup pairs well with grilled cheese sandwiches, breadsticks, or a side salad.
- It can be enjoyed with a glass of chilled white wine or a refreshing iced tea.
Shall we get started?
Take your time and follow along!
Tomato Soup Recipe and Tips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups fresh tomatoes, diced (or 1 can of diced tomatoes)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: fresh basil leaves, grated Parmesan cheese, croutons
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the pot and sauté until they become soft and translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, dried basil, and dried oregano to the pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, allowing the flavors to blend together.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Serve the tomato soup hot, garnished with fresh basil leaves, grated Parmesan cheese, and croutons if desired.
- For a richer flavor, you can add a splash of heavy cream or coconut milk to the soup.
- If you prefer a chunkier soup, you can blend only a portion of the soup and leave some diced tomatoes intact.
- Feel free to customize the soup by adding other vegetables like carrots, celery, or bell peppers.
- Serve the tomato soup with your favorite bread or grilled cheese sandwiches for a satisfying meal.
Enjoy your delicious Shrimp Carbonara!
Calories of Tomato Soup
The calorie content of tomato soup can vary depending on the specific recipe and ingredients used. On average, a serving of tomato soup (about 1 cup or 245 grams) contains approximately 100-150 calories. However, it’s important to note that this is a rough estimate and can vary based on factors such as the addition of cream or other ingredients.
If you have a specific tomato soup recipe in mind or if you’re looking for the calorie content of a particular brand or restaurant’s tomato soup, please let me know, and I can provide more accurate information.
Impressions of Tomato Soup:
- Tomato soup is a classic and comforting dish that is loved by many.
- Its vibrant red color and smooth texture make it visually appealing.
- The aroma of simmering tomatoes and herbs creates an inviting atmosphere.
- Tomato soup is often associated with warmth and nostalgia, evoking memories of homemade meals.
Taste Evaluation of Tomato Soup:
- Tomato soup has a rich and tangy flavor that comes from the natural sweetness of tomatoes.
- It has a balanced acidity that is often enhanced with the addition of herbs and spices.
- The taste can vary depending on the recipe, with some versions being more savory or slightly sweet.
- Creamy tomato soups offer a velvety texture and a luxurious mouthfeel.
I am Korean and I love cooking all kinds of food, including American cuisine.
Thank you for reading my blog today. If you have any questions about Korean food,
please leave a comment and I will post delicious Korean food recipes. Thank you for your comments and likes!
The recipe for tomato soup, Enjoy your meal and have a happy day!